Periodontitis: Your Gums' Worst Enemy
Healthy gums are very important for healthy teeth.
Any inflammation of your gums or your periodonal apparatus (periodontitis) can damage your bite and even cause you to lose teeth. To prevent this from happening, we take steps to stop the process, thus restoring your dental health for the long haul.
Our periodontal treatment includes
- Routine cleanings/polishing (prophylaxis)
- Gross removal of plaque and tarter to allow us to perform a comprehensive periodontal evaluation
- Scaling and root planing for more advanced cases of periodontal disease
- Some periodontal surgery procedures when needed
- Bite adjustments where needed to stop excessive forces on teeth that can magnify periodontal problems